Re: Possible to configure maximize window by double-clicking ontitle bar?

ohaya wrote:

Andrea Vettorello wrote:
ohaya wrote:

Hi,

I'm running RH Linux 7.3 with Gnome and Sawfish.  The default
configuration seems to be such that double-clicking on the title bar of
a window will cause the window to "roll up".

Is it possible to change this behavior such that double-clicking on the
window title bar would cause the window to toggle between maximize and
normal/original size?

I've tried creating a .sawfishrc file in my user directory, but it
doesn't seem to do anything.

What I have is:

(require 'sawmill-defaults)
(bind-keys title-keymap "Button1-Click" 'window-maximize-toggle)

But, even after rebooting, my windows still behave the same.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Don't know about the sawfish version in your redhat (sawmill, seems
old), but you should be able to configure it with the sawfish-ui.
Anyway, on my configuration i've this line:

(custom-set-keymap (quote title-keymap) (quote (keymap
(move-window-interactively . "Button1-Move") (toggle-window-shaded .
"Button1-Off2") (resize-window-interactively . "Button2-Move")
(raise-lower-window . "Button3-Off"))))

so here, i should change (toggle-window-shaded . "Button1-Off2") in
(maximize-window-toggle . "Button1-Off2").

Hope this helps,

Andrea,

Unfortunately, the sawfish-ui doesn't seem to have an option for this.

Also, what you suggested above didn't seem to have any visible effect
:(.

BTW, can you (or anyone else) explain the meaning of the "ButtonX-OffY"?

I'm guessing that Button1 is the left button, Button2 is the middle
button (which my mouse doesn't have), and Button3 is the right button?

Also, I don't understand the "OffY". Why "Off" instead of "Click"? Also what does the number (e.g., the "2" in "Off2" signify?

I'm quoting all, cause you replyed off-list, and here you'll find for sure more expert people. =)

I'm running a Debian Sid (unstable) and the sawfish-ui that came with the sawfish package (Version: 1:1.3+cvs20040617-4) has this option under Bindings => Context: Title.

I'm not an expert about the sawfish internal, i think the "Off2" means the second release of the button, but i should check.

Andrea