Possible to configure maximize window by double-clicking on title bar?

Hi,

I'm running RH Linux 7.3 with Gnome and Sawfish.  The default
configuration seems to be such that double-clicking on the title bar of
a window will cause the window to "roll up".

Is it possible to change this behavior such that double-clicking on the
window title bar would cause the window to toggle between maximize and
normal/original size?

I've tried creating a .sawfishrc file in my user directory, but it
doesn't seem to do anything.

What I have is:

(require 'sawmill-defaults)
(bind-keys title-keymap "Button1-Click" 'window-maximize-toggle)

But, even after rebooting, my windows still behave the same.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Jim