Re: sawfish, FC2 and workspaces

On Apr 10, 2004, at 5:15 PM, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
(progn (
;;	(insert-workspace 0)
	(insert-workspace-after)
	(insert-workspace-after)
	(insert-workspace-after)
	(insert-workspace-after)
	(insert-workspace-after)
	(select-workspace 0)))

This does what I want if executed from 'sawfish-client' but it
seem to have none effect whatsoever in ~/.sawish/rc regardless
if I uncomment '(insert-workspace 0)' or not.  I know that my
startup file is executed because I can  do there, say,
(system "oclock &") and it shows up.  Wrong timing?  What gives
and how I can prevent that?

I'm not too sure why that doesn't work, probably some kind of initialization ordering issue..

I can think of two things that may work:

1. set the workspace-names variable to a list containing n strings to give yourself n workspaces

2. call (set-number-of-workspaces n)

	John