Re: sawfish, FC2 and workspaces

On Sun, Apr 11, 2004 at 02:27:40PM -0700, John Harper wrote:

> I can think of two things that may work:
>
> 1. set the workspace-names variable to a list containing n strings to
> give yourself n workspaces
>
> 2. call (set-number-of-workspaces n)

Putting (set-number-of-workspaces 6) into ~/.sawfish/rc indeed
creates six workspaces.  I did not try the first approach so far.

This detail that touching with a mouse a "Workspace Switcher" applet
is definitely unhealthy, and may even cause some windows wander
outside a display limit making them invisible and unreachable, still
remains.  Ideas?

   Michal