Re: [sabayon] Sabayon Crashes on Ubuntu 8.10 and 9.04

Hi,

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 1:22 AM, Timothy R. Butler
<tbutler uninetsolutions com> wrote:
> I apologize if this ends up being a duplicate -- I had a sending error
> on the first try.
>
> I've been trying to get started with Sabayon, but having tried it on
> both Ubuntu 8.10 and 9.04 (on different systems with straight out of the
> box configurations), I cannot get it to work. When I hit the edit button
> for the profile I've just created, Xnest launches and then promptly
> crashes. This seems to be crashing earlier than most reports I've read.
> Any ideas?
>
> I've attached the latest debug log...
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

Could you possibly try using the patch from
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/sabayon/F-11/xephyr.patch?revision=1.2

Download the latest version of Sabayon (source), apply the patch and
install it. I vaguely remember a conversation thread about possible
issues between Xnest and the COMPOSITE extension. The patch makes
Sabayon use Xephyr instead of Xnest.

Thank you
Sayamindu