Re: [sabayon] Sabayon Crashes on Ubuntu 8.10 and 9.04

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 02:52:07PM -0500, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
> I apologize if this ends up being a duplicate -- I had a sending error
> on the first try.
>
> I've been trying to get started with Sabayon, but having tried it on
> both Ubuntu 8.10 and 9.04 (on different systems with straight out of the
> box configurations), I cannot get it to work. When I hit the edit button
> for the profile I've just created, Xnest launches and then promptly
> crashes. This seems to be crashing earlier than most reports I've read.

This is exactly what I've been working on.

If you're looking for an adventure:

https://edge.launchpad.net/~sbalneav/+archive/ppa

has my ppa, with sabayon 2.25-0.0ubuntu8.  Give it a try, if you'd like.

I think I might have answered my previous post.  Sabayon wants to write info to
$HOME/.gconf.xml.defaults, but Ubuntu's default for gconf is to look in
$HOME/.gconf.path.defaults

I'll be working on more patches...
Scott

--
Scott L. Balneaves | The dissemination of knowledge is one of the
Systems Department | cornerstones of civilization.