Re: [sabayon] status

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 18:38 -0500, John Dennis wrote:

> 	Issues: What to do with multiple firefox profiles? At the moment
> 	we only apply to the default firefox profile.

	If it was me, I'd only worry about the default profile until I had some
evidence that an admin could make some use out of multiple profiles ...

>         Perhaps the apply
> 	should occur for all firefox profiles, not just the default. By
> 	the same token should the recorded preferences be the union of all
> 	changed profiles or just the default?

	I'd just save all profiles separately and add all profiles when
applying. I guess for the default profile its different - you'd want to
merge from the default profile (in the sabayon profile) to the user's
default profile regardless of whether they have the same name.

	But you'd just create the other profiles (if they don't exist) and add
them to profiles.ini when applying.

Cheers,
Mark.