Re: rygel with FLAC (either Playbin or VLC)

Can you try to plug in a set of headphones into the line out jack?
My assumption would be that the internal soundcard is - for some reason -
active and used as "default"
Your assumption is correct :-o
I feel kind of stupid not to have checked this by myself, sorry !
I had discarded such a possibility because I had previously commented out the internal snd_bcm_2835 soundcard from /etc/modules, as well as "dtparam:audio=on" in /boot/config.txt (to make sure the Rpi would not try to launch the internal soundcard driver at boot...but it may have been redundant anyway : commenting  out the soundcard module in /etc/modules was probably enough).

How it this possible ?
"Aplay -l" provides only one soundcard :
"**** Liste des Périphériques Matériels PLAYBACK ****
carte 0: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac], périphérique 0: HifiBerry DAC HiFi pcm5102a-hifi-0 []
  Sous-périphériques: 1/1
  Sous-périphérique #0: subdevice #0"

And would you know how I could fix that ? Obviously, this is not a Rygel issue anymore ...
Many thanks,
Nicolas