Re: rygel with FLAC (either Playbin or VLC)

On Thu, 2018-02-08 at 13:37 +0000, Nicolas Rigaud wrote:
‎Hello again,
I stopped Pulse from working (autospawn=no, in
/etc/pulse/client.conf) and killed it.
"Aplay -L" shows the Hifiberry card as the "sysdefault", as before. I
suppose it means Alsa recognizes it as such.
If a play mp3 or Flac files directly from the Raspberry‎, I can hear
them (using VLC, for example) : Alsa seems to work when I'm not using
Upnp !

There's three things you can check:
1) check that the "default" device, not sysdefault is your hifiberyy

2) run gst-inspect-1.0 alsasink and check what it outputs as default
value for device and card-name

3) make sure your mixer is actually unmuted

However, if I now control Rygel with Playbin from the Bubbleupnp app,
there is still no s‎ound, whether FLAC or Mp3 ...
And I noticed that speaker-test won't produce any sound either..which
would mean that the problem lies in my sound configuration, not in
Rygel...
By the way, Rygel's Playbin player ("Voici de la Musique Rpi") seems
to be indicated as Flac-compliant : here is a part of the Bubbleupnp
log‎‎. Thanks !

Yeah, we hard-code that ;)