RE: Rygel-0.32.1 will not stream outside the gnome evironment

Also, in your non-working case - do you have any
gvfs-*-volume-monitor running?
Do they run in the working case?

Under gnome-session, with tracker disabled in rygel.conf, rygel
streams without problems and, yes, various gvfs monitors are running
(auto-started by gnome-session).

If I exit gnome-session and, without re-booting, start a non-dbus wm
(flwm), rygel streams without problems without any gvfs monitors
running.

If I reboot and start flwm with tracker disabled in rygel.conf, rygel
shows up in gupnp-av-cp, but the folders do not contain any media
files. If I then enable tracker in rygel.conf, rygel streams without
problems.

Could it be that the D-Bus activation config for the gvfs monitors is broken?

gvfs is not even installed on the rpi3 to save on space - is this really required for rygel to work without
tracker?