RE: Rygel-0.32.1 will not stream outside the gnome evironment

I'm trying to get rygel-0.32.1 to stream on an RPi3

Although rygel looks to be working - I get the harvested messages,
etc - nothing is actually being streamed.

I also have rygel-0.32.1 on an x86_64 and get the same problem unless
I run rygel in the gnome environment.

Once I have run rygel in the gnome environment on the x86_64, I can
exit to the console, start a non-dbus window manager and rygel will
stream as expected.

Since it's not really practical to compile the whole gnome nine yards
for the RPi3, I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing to make rygel
work.

I have gst-plugins-*, gupnp-*, libgee, gssdp, shared-mime-info,
libmediaart and gsettings-desktop-schemas - is something else
required?

I take it that dbus is not required to be started?

Is any particular mime or xdg configuration required that gets done
automagically by gnome and hidden somewhere in dconf/gsettings?

I managed to reproduce this here in a jhbuild environment

Also, in your non-working case - do you have any gvfs-*-volume-monitor running?
Do they run in the working case?

Under gnome-session, with tracker disabled in rygel.conf, rygel streams without problems and, yes, various
gvfs monitors are running (auto-started by gnome-session).

If I exit gnome-session and, without re-booting, start a non-dbus wm (flwm), rygel streams without problems
without any gvfs monitors running.

If I reboot and start flwm with tracker disabled in rygel.conf, rygel shows up in gupnp-av-cp, but the
folders do not contain any media files. If I then enable tracker in rygel.conf, rygel streams without
problems.