Re: Change media information on the fly?

Hi,

I am using Rygel to restream internet radio on my local network so I
can list on at two locations at once. It works very well. However, I
was wondering if there was some way to update the stream title
metadata on the fly? I was hoping to somehow script the scraping of
title information and then update Rygel accordingly. From reading the
manual page it seems like this may be the purpose of the -i switch,
but it doesn't seem to work as I expect so maybe I am interpreting
it's usage incorrectly.

No, that's only used on start-up of the process. For anything more complex
you probably need to do some programming.

Below is the relevant portion of my Rygel config. I have three streams
set up but really only use the flac stream.

[GstLaunch]
 enabled=true
 title=Marlwood
 launch-items=mypulseaudiosink;myaudioflac;myaudiomp3
mypulseaudiosink-title=wavStream
 mypulseaudiosink-mime=audio/x-wav
 mypulseaudiosink-launch=pulsesrc device=upnp.monitor ! wavpackenc
myaudioflac-title=flacStream
 myaudioflac-mime=audio/flac
 myaudioflac-launch=pulsesrc device=upnp.monitor !
audio/x-raw,channels=2 ! flacenc
myaudiomp3-title=mp3Stream
 myaudiomp3-mime=audio/mpeg
 myaudiomp3-launch=pulsesrc device=upnp.monitor ! lamemp3enc
target=quality quality=6

My renderer is Kodi running under Linux.

I'm surprised Kodi works for you. What's your rygel version?