Change media information on the fly?

Hi,

I am using Rygel to restream internet radio on my local network so I can list on at two locations at once.  It works very well.  However, I was wondering if there was some way to update the stream title metadata on the fly?  I was hoping to somehow script the scraping of title information and then update Rygel accordingly.  From reading the manual page it seems like this may be the purpose of the -i switch, but it doesn't seem to work as I expect so maybe I am interpreting it's usage incorrectly.

Below is the relevant portion of my Rygel config.  I have three streams set up but really only use the flac stream.

[GstLaunch]
enabled=true
title=Marlwood
launch-items=mypulseaudiosink;myaudioflac;myaudiomp3

mypulseaudiosink-title=wavStream
mypulseaudiosink-mime=audio/x-wav
mypulseaudiosink-launch=pulsesrc device=upnp.monitor ! wavpackenc
myaudioflac-title=flacStream
myaudioflac-mime=audio/flac
myaudioflac-launch=pulsesrc device=upnp.monitor ! audio/x-raw,channels=2 ! flacenc
myaudiomp3-title=mp3Stream
myaudiomp3-mime=audio/mpeg
myaudiomp3-launch=pulsesrc device=upnp.monitor ! lamemp3enc target=quality quality=6

My renderer is Kodi running under Linux.

Thanks in advance.

Rick