Von: rygel-list [mailto:rygel-list-bounces gnome org] Im Auftrag von Jens
Georg
Gesendet: Montag, 16. März 2015 21:33
An: rygel-list gnome org
Betreff: Re: AW: mp4 video is not shown

Hi,

Thank you for your answer!
I ran gst-discoverer-0.10 on an example file. (Apt-get installed me
version 0.10 not 1.0 with the rygel package.)

That's odd. 0.20 is already using GStreamer 1.0. Can you install
gstreamer1.0-plugins-base-apps and try with gst-discoverer-1.0?

Sorry, the README is a bit outdated. The apt line should be

sudo apt-get install rygel gstreamer1.0-plugins-good \
      gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly \
      gstreamer1.0-libav

Most likely you're missing gstreamer-1.0-libav

"
So I guess there isn't a problem.

However there are some errors beforehand. Can I ignore them?

Yeah, those should be for gconfsrc and gconfsink elements which we don't
use. If you want to get rid of them, use the wrap-dbus script that spawns a
session bus.

"
(gst-plugin-scanner:6941): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to
the D-BUS daemon:
//bin/dbus-launch terminated abnormally with the following error:
Autolaunch error: X11 initialization failed.

GConf Error: No D-BUS daemon running
"

And one more question: Do I have to put all the files
(system/rygel.service, sysv/rygel, wrap-dbus) in some place on my system?
Until now I only followed the instructions in the README.ubuntu and used the
"upstart/rygel.conf" script.

For Ubuntu you only need upstart/rygel.conf and if you want to have
on-demand thumbnailing or use Tracker you also need wrap-dbus. (see
https://git.gnome.org/browse/rygel/tree/examples/service/README.Ubuntu?h=ryg
el-0-20#n38)