mp4 video is not shown

Hello

It seems like *.mp4 video files are ignored in the parsing process, because they are not shown on the rygel dlna server.

Any other video files with *.avi or *.mkv ending appears and I can play them properly.

Does anyone have an idea what I did wrong?

I’m also wondering if there is a refresh to my library e.g. when I add new files to the included folders and when it is happening?

My setup is Ubuntu 14.04 with rygel 0.20.3 from the official sources.

I’m running rygel with a separate user (rygel)  and the scripts that I found here ( https://gitorious.org/rygel/rygel-sandbox-phako/commit/ced287d463eaebdec2c433a2cd319e7289017f21 ) because I want a command line server setup. My rygel.conf is attached at the end.

I’d highly appreciate your help. Tell me if you need more information. Thank you.

# Configuration file for Rygel

# General configuration options

[general]

# Set it to 'false' if you want to only use the streaming part of Rygel and/or

# don't want it to advertize itself on the UPnP network. If you want to

# completely disable rygel, just don't run it then. :)

upnp-enabled=true

# Set it to 'false' if you want to disable transcoding support.

enable-transcoding=false

# Where video files should be saved if allow-upload is true.

# Defaults to @VIDEOS@, the standard videos folder (typically ${HOME}/Videos).

video-upload-folder= VIDEOS@

# Where music files should be saved if allow-upload is true

# Defaults to @MUSIC@, the standard music folder (typically ${HOME}/Music).

music-upload-folder= MUSIC@

# Where picture files should be saved if allow-upload is true

# Defaults to @PICTURES@, the standard picture folder (typically ${HOME}/Pictures).

picture-upload-folder= PICTURES@

# Default media engine to load. If not specified, the engine directory is

# searched recursively and the first engine found is loaded.

media-engine=librygel-media-engine-gst.so

# List of network interfaces to attach rygel to. You can also use network IP or

# even ESSID for wireless networks on Linux. Leave it blank for dynamic

# configuration.

interface=

# The port to run HTTP server on. 0 means dynamic.

port=0

# Comma-separated list of domain:level pairs to specify log level thresholds for

# individual domains. domain could be either 'rygel', name of a plugin or '*'

# for all domains. Allowed levels are:

#

# 1=critical

# 2=error

# 3=warning

# 4=message/info

# 5=debug

log-level=*:4

# Allow upload of media files?

allow-upload=false

# Allow deletion of media folders and files?

allow-deletion=false

# Semicolon-separated list of device user-agents (or parts thereof) that need

# a downgrade in the UPnP device versions

# WARNING /!\: Only change this setting when told to do so or when you know

#              what you're doing. If you find that adding your device makes it

#              working with Rygel, please file a bug at

#              https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Rygel&component=IOP

#              so we can include it in future releases.

#force-downgrade-for="" HHP;Mediabolic-IMHTTP/1;TwoPlayer;Reciva;FDSSDP;Portable SDK for UPnP devices;Darwin

# Plugin specific sections

#

# Some options are generic and some are specific to each plugin.

# The generic ones are:

#

# * enabled: As the name suggests, to enable or disable the plugin.

# * title: The title of the plugin to advertise to UPnP clients. This can

#          contain the following automatically substituted keywords:

#       * @REALNAME@: The real name of the user as returned by

#                     g_get_real_name() function of glib library.

#       * @USERNAME@: The user name of the user as returned by

#                     g_get_user_name() function of glib library.

#       * @HOSTNAME@: The host name of the machine rygel is running on, as

#                     returned by g_get_host_name() function of glib library.

#

# Options related to the used media backend.

# The options shown in this configuration file are specific to GStreamer.

[GstMediaEngine]

# List of active transcoders. To disable one, remove from list.

transcoders=mp3;lpcm;mp2ts;wmv;aac;avc

# Options that apply to the renderer framework in general

[Renderer]

# Default showtime in seconds to use for images in playlists if dlna:lifetime

# is not set. DLNA wants something between 5 and 15 seconds.

image-timeout = 15

[Tracker]

enabled=false

share-pictures=true

share-videos=true

share-music=true

strict-sharing=false

title= REALNAME@'s media

[MediaExport]

enabled=true

title= REALNAME@'s media

# List of URIs to export. Following variables are automatically substituted by

# the appropriate XDG standard media folders by Rygel for you.

#

#       * @MUSIC@: The standard music folder (typically ${HOME}/Music).

#       * @VIDEOS@: The standard videos folder (typically ${HOME}/Videos).

#       * @PICTURES@: The standard pictures folder (typically ${HOME}/Pictures).

#

uris=/media/data2/Audio/itm;/media/data2/Videoarchiv

#MUSIC@;@VIDEOS@;@PICTURES@

extract-metadata=true

monitor-changes=true

virtual-folders=true

[Playbin]

enabled=true

title=Audio/Video playback on @HOSTNAME@

[ZDFMediathek]

enabled=true

# List of ids of broadcasts

rss=508;332

update-interval=1800

video-format=wmv

[GstLaunch]

enabled=false

launch-items=audiotestsrc;videotestsrc;videotestoverlay

audiotestsrc-title=Audiotestsrc

audiotestsrc-mime=audio/x-wav

audiotestsrc-launch=audiotestsrc ! wavenc

videotestsrc-title=Videotestsrc

videotestsrc-mime=video/mpeg

videotestsrc-launch=videotestsrc ! ffenc_mpeg2video ! mpegtsmux

videotestoverlay-title=Videotestsrc with timeoverlay 2

videotestoverlay-mime=video/mpeg

videotestoverlay-launch=videotestsrc ! timeoverlay ! ffenc_mpeg2video ! mpegtsmux

[Test]

enabled=false

[ExampleServerPluginVala]

enabled=false