Re: mediaexport: rygel shares are mess when viewed from a 2013 panasonic viera

W dniu 07.01.2014 10:43, Jussi Kukkonen pisze:
On 3 January 2014 20:06, Julian Sikorski <belegdol gmail com> wrote:
Both issues (sorting and duplicates) are gone when browsing from
gupnp-av-cp. I guess Panasonic did not do a very good job when writing
their upnp client. Is there anything else I could do to improve the
experience?

Is the directory structure you see on the Panasonic exactly what rygel
provides (and what gupnp-av-cp shows)? It's possible that the
Panasonic is not actually browsing the directory tree, but doing
searches (e.g. searching for images from 2013) and creating its own
structure to show in the UI. If you run rygel with debug messages, we
can see if that's happening: A search would print out "Executing
search request" among lots of other things while just browsing would
not.

If it's doing searches, then the bugs could still be in rygel side --
Searches are more complex than just browsing. We'd probably need a
wireshark log to figure out who to blame.

Also if it is doing searches, you could set rygel to only publish the
plain directory tree as a work-around: With MediaExport, setting
"virtual-folders=false" in the config file should do that.

Jussi

Hi,

looks like you were right. There is lots of "Parsed search expression"
in the log (attached).
I have done the following:
- started rygel
- opened the server from tv