Re: mediaexport: rygel shares are mess when viewed from a 2013 panasonic viera

On 2 January 2014 21:19, Julian Sikorski <belegdol gmail com> wrote:
I have recently configured rygel to share my pictures, videos and music
with my panasonic tv. Unfortunately, the shares are a mess:
- if I go for directory view, the names are not sorted at all (probably
the client is crap)

Anytime you're not sure which end is the source of the problem, it's a
good idea to check with another control point (e.g. gupnp-av-cp from
gupnp-tools) to make sure.

- if I go for metadata browser (by year), there are a lots of duplicates
on the folder level. I have my pictures stored as follows:
Pictures/YYYY/MM/DD/foo.jpg (the default shotwell config). The tv would
show as many "year" entries, as there are subdirs. I am not sure if this
one comes from rygel or from the tv.
Is there a way to get rid of the duplicates? This would make finding the
files much easier.

If rygel is returning multiple similar looking virtual directories like this:
   * username's media
     * Pictures
       * Year
         * 2013
         * 2013
that would be a rygel bug. Can you confirm if this is the case using
another control-point?

If that is indeed happening, you could run rygel with debug messages:
  G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=Rygel:MediaExport:Tracker rygel -g 5
and browse to Pictures/Year using a control point.

Jussi