Fwd: Re: Rygel Ubuntu 13.10 support

Hi,

apparently AT&T is blocking my mailserver and I can't mail you so I'm resending it to the list (which it shouldn't have left anyway) :)

-------- Originalnachricht --------
Betreff: Re: Rygel  Ubuntu 13.10 support
Datum: 2014-02-19 12:38
Von: Jens Georg <mail jensge org>
An: Wm Howard <atropic bellsouth net>

Mhm

Ok, two things:

do you have a $HOME/.config/rygel.conf? This one overrides /etc/rygel.conf and that's also the configuration file that is modified by rygel-preferences or the gnome-settings applet.

second, if that doesn't help, could you provide a log file captured with

export G_MESSAGES_DEBUG=all
and rygel log level 5?

Thanks

Good morning Jens,

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me.

Yes, I have changed Tracker enabled to false

I have made the following changes to /etc/rygel.conf

I have changed the upload-video directory  from @Videos@ to the path
for my directory on the windows partition. For the syntax to the
windows partition,  I used the path which rygel preferences points to
and inserts when I add it to rygel preferences
/media/wm/78943781523/movies  I have removed @Videos@ from the upload
path

I have made the same changes to the Media-Export uris= (removing
@Videos@ and replacing with the path to the windows partition, keeping
the @Music@ and @Pictures@). The windows partition is enabled at
startup.

I start rygel preferences - I have deleted the default video path and
I have inserted the windows partition directory path. I tick rygel
DLNA to make sure it is started.

After all of that no changes at all, and I still have the default
folder as the only folder with video that my blu-ray or Android tablet
find. Other computers in my house running windows 7 stream fine
through both the blu-ray and the tablet and I have no trouble
modifying the libraries.

The changes to rygel.conf and rygel preferences do not seem to change
anything, and so of course any direction will be most appreciated.

Wm.