Re: MPRIS2

Hi Michael,

On 11/18/2013 09:23 PM, Mike akael wrote:
Hi all,
I have some newbie questions about dbus/MPRIS implementation for Rygel,
I never used dbus nor mpris before so please be indulgent ;).

1. I would like to control rygel renderer thru mpris (mostly to get
metadata on current playing song and possibly to control basic
play-pause-stop). Is that possible?

You can do this using dleyna-renderer which implements a superset of the MPRIS2 spec. dLeyna-renderer will discover all the DMRs (Rygel included) on the local area network and will allow you to manipulate these DMRs via MPRIS2. Check out the API docs.

https://github.com/01org/dleyna-renderer/blob/master/doc/server/dbus/API.txt

Regards,

Mark

2. If I run:
          mdbus2 org.gnome.Rygel1 /org/gnome/Rygel1
    I get some capabilities but no one about Media Player control, is
that normal?
    I'm able to ping, get machine id, shutdown, ...

3. If I'm asking for GetAll Properties I receive an empty array in
return, is that normal?

4. If not possible to use MPRIS to get metadata on playing song, is
there any other way do to so?

Thanks for informations.
Regards
Mike