Re: APE format doesn't support in rygel?

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 5:41 AM, Liu bo <bo-liu hotmail com> wrote:

>> On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 4:33 AM, Liu bo <bo-liu hotmail com> wrote:
>> > Ping...
>> >
>> > ________________________________
>> > From: bo-liu hotmail com
>> > To: rygel-list gnome org
>> > CC: mail jensge org
>> > Subject: APE format doesn't support in rygel?
>> > Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:34:53 +0800
>> >
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I'm using Rygel 0.14.0, when play ape format audio files. I always get below
>> > error:
>> > # rygel -n wlan0 -g 5
>> > Rygel-Message: New plugin 'Playbin' available
>> > Rygel-Message: New plugin 'MediaExport' available
>> >
>> > (rygel:15661): Playbin-WARNING **: rygel-playbin-player.vala:210: Error from
>> > GStreamer element playbin20: gstdecodebin2.c(3576): gst_decode_bin_expose
>> > ():
>> > /GstPlayBin2:playbin20/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin2:decodebin22:
>> > no suitable plugins found
>> >
>> > (rygel:15661): Playbin-WARNING **: rygel-playbin-player.vala:213: Going to
>> > STOPPED state
>> >
>> > But i can play ape files using gstreamer directly:
>> > # gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=file:///home/bob/Music/ai.ape
>>
>> You are using playbin and rygel is using playbin2. Pretty sure you can
>> reproduce this with above command using playbin2. Its a gstreamer bug
>> most likely.
>>

> I have confirmed it's not a gstreamer issue.

No, you have not. You have only confirmed that playbin and playbin2
are capable of playing the file.

When you play the file using rygel, do you ask it to play from rygel
(or some mediaserver) on another machine? The gst-launch pipeline is
using filesrc most probably and rygel is probably playing through HTTP
and hence using souphttpsrc. We can look more closely at the issue if
you could run rygel with debugging and attach the logs here. Of course
there is not guarantees we'll be able to figure it out for you but we
can try to help.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)