Streaming to DLNA devices

Hello,

I would appreciate if someone can clarify my understanding of Rygel functionality.

If I understand correctly, when running in GNOME and with PulseAudio, Rygel can create an audio stream from Pulse sink, and send command to a DLNA renderer selected/detected by GNOME GUI, to receive this stream. In effect a "play-to" functionality (a bit similar to streaming to an Apple Airport by selecting Airport as an output audio device in OSX)?

If above is correct, I wonder if anyone can help me setting this functionality up, but on headless machine with no GNOME or Pulse audio?

Ideally, I would like a stream to be created by MPD, or some other tool that MPD can pipe audio stream to (So I can select music to play by controlling MPD), and send command to a renderer to start playing this stream (In my case, and Onkio receiver)...

Is this possible using Rygel?

Just to clarify, I am NOT trying to turn MPD into a DLNA server - there are plenty of DLNA servers available, but I need a way for my DLNA renderer to receive a STREAM (So I can then control content of that stream by means appropriate for the source of the stream, instead of having to select FILES in DLNA server by using DLNA control point...)

Your help is very much appreciated!

Andrej Falout