Re: Streaming to DLNA devices

Hi Jens,

> Is it possible to specify a URL instead of a file?

But not in Korva, it is file-centric. I suggest using the
renderer-service-upnp
(https://01.org/dleyna/documentation/renderer-service-upnp) part of
dLeyna for this which offers this functionality in a python-scriptable
way.

Thanks to your advice, I got this working now using dLeyna. I will be integrating streaming to DLNA devices into Logitech Media Server front-end, so I can consolidate all my hardware: Apple Airport, Bluetooth headphones, DLNA receiver, Squeezbox, and local playback on my server to my 24 bit USB DAC ...So I can control everything from one remote app and have one music collection and can synchronize playback between all of them and can transfer playlists between them... Nirvana.... Yay! :-)

> Also, do you know of a better option to create stream compatible with
> most DLNA devices then MPD?

Not really. probably it just works :)

Indeed, it seems to work with all DLNA devices I have. I am still to find a way to differentiate between ones that can accept only mp3 and ones that can do flac or some other uncompressed format... so I send mp3 to all right now. Do you have a hint for me?

One last question: It would help me very much if I could find this two utilities:

1) a command-line control point, which can push URL to renderer, stop/play/pause, change volume etc....
2) A web browser control point. I am aware of dLeyna Cloud, but that is barely a prototype

Are you aware of any such?

Much appreciated,
Andrej Falout