Re: Rygel & GUPnP questions.

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 6:54 PM, Ferrandis, Ludovic
<ludovic ferrandis intel com> wrote:
> Hi Jens, Zeeshan,

  Hi,

> I have few question about GUPnP and Rygel.
>
> In Rygel, could we build a standalone DMS (without the DMR part) and the
> opposite? (using the --enable/disable config option)

  Yes.

> In Rygel FAQ you mention the Network Manager and the "unix"/"linux" context
> manager for Rygel/GUPnP.
> Do you see any issues about supporting also Connman Network Manager?

  No, someone just need to do it. :)

> In a near future, for DLNA certification we also need to support DMP/M-DMP,
> +UP+, +DN+ and +PU+
> For instance nothing is supported in Gupnp/Rygel right?

   This is not really a simple question at all since GUPnP is a
framework (so certification doesn't apply directly to it) and Rygel
doesn't implement either of the device classes you mentioned. You
write your implementation and starting testing against DLNA test tools
as soon as you have your first protypes and from there you can see
what is needed in which part of your stack. We will happily accept
patches/changes to comply more with the standards. Having said that we
have put a lot of efforts in complying with DLNA requirements for
M-DMP, M-DMC and M-DMS.

> I found an "upload" function in gupnp-tool, but it has nothing to do with
> +UP+?

  Thats just a simple tool to do simple uploading, nothhing you want
to use in products. :)

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124

P.S. Please direct ALL questions regarding GUPnP and Rygel to relevant