Re: [gupnp] DLNA profile detection & automatic transcoding

On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 09:48 -0400, Zach Goldberg wrote:
> > So the question here is where to draw the line for gupnp-av.
> Currently
> > it is a helper library for writing and parsing DIDL-Lite fragments.
> That
> > makes it useful for many applications and as such ensures that many
> > applications will provide proper DIDL-Lite and that many
> applications
> > can share the parser code.
> >

> I would like to propose, following this line of thought, that the
> current gupnpav become gupnp-didl and the new mediaserver specifics
> become gupnpav.  I think this is a reasonable solution

That would be perfect. We are also using gupnp-av on the control-point
(for DIDL-Lite parsing and simple DIDL-Lite writing). On the
control-point it makes even less sense to add a GStreamer dependency.

Perhaps the basic DIDL-Lite functionality should even be moved into
gupnp to avoid the need for another library ?

Sven