Re: [gupnp] DLNA profile detection & automatic transcoding

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Zachary Goldberg <zach zachgoldberg com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Zeeshan Ali <zeenix gmail com> wrote:
>> & gstreamer dependency isn't an issue for us.
>>

> I understand that gupnp/rygel have much corporate sponsorship and that
> the primary goal is to make your company happy and a product that
> works well for them.  However, I have noticed you also have a desire
> to be open, develop with a community and create a product that works
> for the community at large and I share that goal and feel strongly
> about it.
>
> It would seem that in making this decision you have only considered
> the 'us' and not the implication for your non-corporate users.

  Rygel is also part of GNOME now and I have taken care of that target
even though it has nothing to do with "corporate" interest. GStreamer
is *the* multimedia framework and depending on it for all multimedia
needs just makes sense.

   Instead of dwelling in arguments, please feel free to provide
patches that makes gstreamer an optional dep but do provide at least
one non-gstreamer implementation for the same APIs.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124