Re: [gupnp] DLNA profile detection & automatic transcoding

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Sven Neumann <s neumann raumfeld com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 08:55 -0400, Zachary Goldberg wrote:
>
>> Could the feature not simply be #ifdef'd?
>
> If it is not too integrated, I could try to come up with a patch that
> makes it conditional. But from my experience with code that is compiled
> conditionally, this might become a nightmare to maintain.

  No, that is not acceptable since we'll be exposing new APIs and they
must have an implementation no matter with which flags you configure
the gupnp-av package. As I said in reply to Zach's email, the
acceptable solution would be to provide an alternate implementation of
the same APIs.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)