Re: [gupnp] DLNA profile detection & automatic transcoding

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Sven Neumann <s neumann raumfeld com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 13:48 +0300, Zeeshan Ali wrote:
>> Hi Sven,

1. You'll have this issue no matter which multimedia framework you use
or even you don't use any.

2.  That is why almost every MediaServer implementation caches the
metadata in a DB and this is what Rygel's media-export backend does.

>> > Can't we just add the necessary APIs to gupnp-av that allows to hook
>> > in custom DLNA profile detection?
>>
>> We certainly could & any ideas in that regard are welcome. Having said
>> that, keep in mind that we won't have time to implement your ideas
>> anytime soon (lots of things to do & many deadlines coming) &
>> gstreamer dependency isn't an issue for us.
>
> Well, if you could send your patches for review, that would make it
> easier for me to suggest changes.

  I already pointed to the gitorious gupnp-av repo/branch where Arun
is keeping his changes currently in my first email and these patches
will be in gupnp-av git master soon enough.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124