Re: Split translations for plug-ins

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 2:13 AM, Lucian Adrian Grijincu
<lucian grijincu gmail com> wrote:
> As rygel was added to GNOME 3.0 people will begin contributing more
> translations to this project.

  Hopefully :)

> Currently there's a single file with all the translations.
>
> This is manageble at this point as there are only 194 translations,
> but, as more plug-ins are added. This will become a very large file.

  Actually, there is no more plugins to be added. In fact one of them
will (hopefully) be getting removed.

> Worse is the fact that some plug-ins will not be interesting to the
> general public.
> For example rygel-mediathek. It's only for a german TV channel. Not
> many non-german speakers will be interested in this plug-in. Because
> of this translations for this module are of a lower priority.

  This is the one we want to see removed (more like moved into a
different project).

> Because of the current jumbo-file setup, it's harder to differentiate
> between strings for a plug-in, for another plug-in or for main rygel,

  Thats ok, I don't think translators need to know if the string is in
rygel core or plugins.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)