Re: [gupnp] Re: Stable releases for GNOME 2.32

On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 13:54 +0300, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:

> >   GNOME 2.32 is at our doorsteps and for that we'll need to make
> > stable releases of Rygel and all GUPnP libraries (including
> > gupnp-dlna). I'm no Cylon but I do have a plan: We'll be doing this
> > before this Friday (27.8.2010) followed by release of Rygel on Friday.
>
>   Seems other deps on Rygel have not yet made stable releases and
> they'll only be doing next month so I'm delaying this for another
> month. Any objections?

Another month is probably too long. As far as I can see the API/ABI
freeze for 2.32 has been earlier this month and hard code freeze is
approaching in a little more than two weeks. I would suggest that you
target the GNOME 2.31.92 rc release and that means that tarballs are due
at Sep 13 (see http://live.gnome.org/TwoPointThirtyone/).

>   If not, any objections on adding a dep on gio (>= 2.24)? We need
> that for easy/clean porting of gssdp/gupnp to win32 and (possibly)
> other platforms.

No objections from my side, we are already using gio 2.24 here.

Sven