RE: rygel-0.4.2 will not start

-----Original Message-----
From: rygel-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:rygel-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
Sent: Monday, 09 November, 2009 17:28
To: GNOME UPnP/DLNA services
Subject: Re: rygel-0.4.2 will not start

Hi,

>> Having the fluendo mp3 codec present did not change anything with the ps3 - i.e. still very slow to see the folder structure and does not see any mp3 tracks.
>>
>> I also tried to "see" the files rygel is trying to stream, but the dnla/upnp plug-in that comes with rhythmbox is broken, I get:
>>
>> A ID3 tag demuxer plugin is required to play this stream, but not installed.
>
>  Seems your MP3s have ID3 tags on them so you need to have 'id3demux'
> plugin installed. Most probably the problem is the same for rygel as
> well since both rhythmbox and rygel uses gstreamer.
>
> I got the id3demux story sorted out and installed coherence/twisted/zope.interface/configobj/setuptools to get the rhythmbox upnp backend working

  Cool! Glad to hear.

> I ran rygel and rhythmbox without a network connection - i.e. with interface = lo (127.0.0.1)- to try and avoid any network related problems. Both rygel and rhythmbox appeared to be working, but rhythmbox did not "see" the rygle streamed mp3 files...
>
> Logs below:

   This is a most probably coherence issue so can't help you out there.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124

Well, maybe, but I can stream mp3 files to the ps3 using rhythmbox/coherence and the ps3 can play them. However, I cannot "see" the files streamed by rygel with rhythmbox/coherence.