RE: rygel-0.4.2 will not start

-----Original Message-----
From: rygel-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:rygel-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
Sent: Sunday, 01 November, 2009 20:48
To: GNOME UPnP/DLNA services
Subject: Re: rygel-0.4.2 will not start

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 1:03 PM, John Frankish <j-frankish slb com> wrote:
> The ps3 was pretty much the same, I could see the music folder structure, but not the mp3 tracks. Navigating the folder structure was very slow and I could not copy or get information on the tracks using the ps3 green triangle button - as before I got dnla protocol errors 7531, 2104 and 2006

  Do you happen to have gstreamer mp3 decoder installed on your
system? If not, please install it. Infact do that for all codecs if
you want rygel to be able to extract and provide PS3 all metadata so
it doesn't try to extract that on it's own (based on my experience, i
believe thats what makes browing in PS3, slow).

  Once you have all codecs you have your media in, remove the media
metadata db (rm $HOME/.cache/rygel/media-export.db) and re-run rygel.

OK - I compiled and installed the fluendo mp3 codec and compiled and installed rhythmbox. Rhythmbox can play the mp3 files I'm trying to stream with rygel, so I guess that means the mp3 codec is installed and works.

Having the fluendo mp3 codec present did not change anything with the ps3 - i.e. still very slow to see the folder structure and does not see any mp3 tracks.

I also tried to "see" the files rygel is trying to stream, but the dnla/upnp plug-in that comes with rhythmbox is broken, I get:

A ID3 tag demuxer plugin is required to play this stream, but not installed.

Unable to activate plugin DLNA/UPnP sharing and control support

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/upnp_coherence/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
    import coherence.extern.louie as louie
ImportError: No module named coherence.extern.louie

/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/coherence/extern/louie/ is present and full of files, so I don't know what all this is about, but it's hardly a rygel problem although it would have been useful to troubleshoot...

> The roku soundbridge could not "see" rygel at all...
>
> I'm using the following with rygel - atk, cairo, pango, glib2, gtk2, expat2, libxml2, pixman, dbus-glib, dbus, gnutls, gstreamer, gst-plugins-base, gst-plugins-good, gst-plugins-bad, libgcrypt, libgee, libgpg-error, libgssdp, libgupnp-av, libgupnp, liboil, libsoup, sqlite3, shared-mime-info, shared-mime-info-locales - am I missing something?

   I doubt client not able to find Rygel could be caused by a missing
dep but more likely it expects something from us that we don't do. I
don't have one so i can't investigate maybe you can provide wireshark
logs?

OK - I have wireshark, is there anything particular I should do to get you the information you need - command line switches, etc?