Re: date field

2009/3/21 Henrique Ferreiro García <henrique ferreiro gmail com>:
> O Sáb, 21-03-2009 ás 16:14 +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) escribiu:
>> 2009/3/20 Henrique Ferreiro García <henrique ferreiro gmail com>:
>> > Hello,
>>
>>   Hi!
>>
>> > I think the date field is wrong as of now (DC:Date) and should be
>> > File:Modified or File.Accessed.
>>
>>   Although I want to but I don't agree after reading the description
>> of this field in the spec: "The dc:date property contains the primary
>> date of the content." What we can do is to (mis)use the
>> "File:Modified" or "File:Accessed" (whichever is provided) if
>> "dc:date" is not provided for the content.
>
> Maybe I misunderstood things. I didn't found its description in tracker
> services so I thought you got it wrong. Now I found it in
> default.metadata. The reason I looked into that is that, for me, none of
> my video files had a date available. When I changed that field, it
> started working, so I thought it was your fault.

  Yeah, Tracker might not be providing that but it could very well be
that this specific info is not available. Anyway, i think providing
something is better than nothing so if you provide me a modified patch
that implements that logic I described in the previous mail, I'll
hapilly accept it.

>>    Regarding your other patches, sorry I had been way too busy with
>> transcoding stuff lately, I'll try to commit them in the beginning of
>> next week at the latest. BTW, transcoding stuff is now in svn trunk.
>
> By the way, in the svn's 717 revision you require libsoup >= 2.26.0 but
> the configure.ac has LIBSOUP_REQUIRED=2.16.0. I think this may be the
> reason why I don't get any file to play. I added debug statements
> everywhere and found that the server is only sending two chunks of 4kB
> of data and then stops. It happens with the PS3 and gupnp-av-cp and
> gupnp-media-renderer.

  Ah, not a typo again. That may very well be the reason for most of
your problems.  I just fixed it in the trunk.

> Thank you for this excellent piece of software!

  Thanks for the appreciation and especially for contributing to my
software. Since I am mostly working on all this alone, it's always
good to get help.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)