Re: problems with PS3

Hi!

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 8:43 PM, Henrique Ferreiro García
<henrique ferreiro gmail com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for you speed with the bug I reported. Now it doesn't break.

  No problem, it was an easy one.

> Anyway, it doesn't seem very useful right now.
>
> In its actual state, is it intented to be used to play any file? I tried
> to share some videos but I couldn't play any of them.

  That highly depend on the codec/format of the files you are sharing.
Images usually just work out of the box but same is unfortunately not
true for all videos and music. AFAIK most (if not all) mpeg (audio and
video) codecs work.

> None of them showed its properties, and others had its name reduced to
> the first characters.

  Hmm.. that is very weird. Could you use the tracker-search-tool to
see the properties of these files to check if Tracker gets it right?
If so, please send me a screenshot of it showing those properties.
Also do you get any errors on the console?

> Moreover, with the test plugin, the audio file was show as not
> compatible.

  Yes, it is not. More of a PS3 problem than Rygel. :)

> In the case it isn't available, I would like to help with implementing
> transcoding.

  Heh! what a coincidence I just started my first attempt to implement
transcoding. :) Please ask me about my progress at the end of this
week on this one.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)