Re: No screenshots on home page

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 9:42 PM, shirish<shirishag75 gmail com> wrote:
> Reply in-line :-
>
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 00:03, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)<zeenix gmail com> wrote:
>> Hi Shirish!
>
> Hi Zeeshan,
>
>> On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 9:21 PM, shirish<shirishag75 gmail com> wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
>>> One of the issues I see is that rygel doesn't have a screenshots or
>>> video or anything on its homepage
>>> http://live.gnome.org/Rygel
>>>
>>> Is somebody working on the same?
>>
>>  Video of what? it's server-side stuff that mostly will not be
>> visible to user as such. Having said that It does make sense to put
>> screenshots of the prefefrences UI of course. Also screenshots and/or
>> videos of some UI showing and streaming contents from Rygel will not
>> be bad either.
>
> Right. You have hit the nail on the head. Administrators or Users who
> would be interested in something like this would also like to see
> preview of what they are getting themselves into. All are not
> tinksters who have all the time of the day to play around and figure
> out which goes where or what.
>
> So if you have videos or if not even that screenshots it would be so
> much easier.

  Sure! I agree. Just that I have a lot of things on my TODO and these
days I am on vacation. So would really appreciate if you can
contribute in this regard. I can't offer you any money but I can
promise some fame through acknowledgement on project's homepage and my
blog (that gets syndicated on planet.gnome.org and planet.maemo.org).

> If you make videos you could host them on dailymotion so it doesn't
> tax your server much.
>
> http://openvideo.dailymotion.com/

  Thanks! I'll keep it in mind if i get to do that myself.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124