Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox 2.99.1 plugin menu locations

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the help, but I'm still having problems with it. I grabbed a copy of the master from git.gnome.org (the last commit was bf2a1bec0b48b8a0c77f6a5d9877e2bfc872eb4b - I assume this is the one you were referring to?), ran autogen.sh, then './configure --disable-nls --disable-daap' (both were causing make to die) and then make, sudo make install. Everything seemed to be fine, but my test plugin still doesn't work: I can put a Gio.MenuItem() in playlist-toolbar, but not in library-toolbar.

Have I missed a step here, or is the bug still there?

Thanks again for the help.

Regards,
Donagh

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 12:45 AM, Jonathan Matthew <jonathan d14n org> wrote:
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 6:04 AM, Donagh Horgan <donagh horgan gmail com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I've got a quick question about how plugin menu locations in RB2.99.1 work.
> Over on the Rhythmbox Python plugin examples page, it says that plugin menu
> locations can be found by searching for 'rb-plugin-menu-link' in the UI
> files defining menus and toolbars. Following this, I found a
> 'rb-plugin-menu-link' in the library-toolbar.ui file
> (<rhythmbox-source>/data/ui/library-toolbar.ui), which has the attribute
> 'library-toolbar'. So far, so good, but then I hit a snag: when I try to add
> a menu item to the library toolbar, it doesn't show up. I've attached a
> minimum working example plugin, to save a more lengthy explanation. In
> short, if you set location = 'playlist-toolbar' in the TestPlugin.py file,
> then a button marked 'Test' appears in the toolbar in each of the playlist
> windows; the problem is that I can't get the same button to appear in the
> library toolbar when I set location = 'library-toolbar'.

This was a bug in the widget that builds the toolbars. It worked for
the playlist toolbars because those were built after the plugin was
initialised, but the library toolbar is built before that. I've fixed
this in git master.