Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Plugin for Play Queue music advance behavior

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 11:31 AM,  <ikwyl6 gmail com> wrote:
> I'd like to create a plugin to stop the queue from going to the top of the
> queue list if I choose to play a song in the middle of the queue.
>
> For example, if I have 10 songs in the play queue and I choose to play song
> 6, I'd like rhythmbox to advance to song 7 once 6 is finished and keep going
> to song 10 until song 10 is done then it will go to song 1.
>
> Is this possible to keep rhythmbox from doing this with a plugin? If so, can
> anyone help me with the "property name" this would have so I can modify it's
> value with a plugin?

No, this is not the sort of thing you can control with a plugin. Your
proposed behaviour sounds better than what it currently does anyway,
so you should change the queue play order
(shell/rb-play-order-queue.c) to do this and submit a patch to
bugzilla.