Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox Import Settings

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM, LDW <lindon toc gmail com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using Rhythmbox 2.97 on Debian Wheezy (64bit).
>
> Importing CDs is really slow, and researching how to speed this up I came
> across Ubuntu Community documentation as follows:
>
> Change Importing Settings
>
> The out-of-the-box configuration of rhythmbox may be slow in extracting
> audio CDs. You can speed up the process by applying the following settings
> as integer-values withing gconf-editor:
>
> /apps/rhythmbox/paranoia-mode=0
> /apps/rhythmbox/read-speed=16

These settings do not exist and have never existed. Whoever wrote this
documentation probably copied the keys from sound-juicer and never
bothered to check that what they were writing matched reality.

Disabling paranoia mode for audio extraction is stupid. If extraction
is slow, it's probably because your CD drive is crap or your CDs are
dirty and scratched.