Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Question about updating Rhythmbox

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Sean McNamara <smcnam gmail com> wrote:
> That said, I think someone out there -- the "webupd8 team" -- might
> have already done this. As you can see, Rhythmbox has a ton of
> dependencies that need to be installed along with it in order to
> ensure a smooth upgrade experience. This may impact other parts of
> your system in unknown ways.
I confirm: the webupd8 ppa worked fine on my Oneiric installation. Be
careful though, you could also totally bork your machine, as happened
to me once with the same webupd8 PPA (with GIMP, I think).

> That is the *only* Rhythmbox PPA out there -- official or not -- that
> I could find
The GNOME3 PPA also packages 2.96:
https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/gnome3

Good luck!