[Rhythmbox-devel] Getting started with plugin development in Eclipse

Hi,

I am trying to create a simple plugin for Rhythmbox. I am a competent (graduate software dev.) Java developer, and although new to Python I have a working back end of the plugin (sends a string via sockets - extremely simple).

While following the information here; http://live.gnome.org/RhythmboxPlugins/WritingGuide I came a bit unstuck. The problem is in Eclipse; while the rb import is okay, any reference to rb.Plugin has the warning "Undefined variable from import: Plugin". The only source reference I have added is to /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins. I suspect that I am missing an import or something similar, although I don't know what it might be or how to find out,

Any help is appreciated,
Drew

p.s. The contents of my "problem" file are exactly the same as the writing guides "most basic Python plugin" here; http://live.gnome.org/RhythmboxPlugins/WritingGuide#Activation