Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Request for comment: IPv6 DAAP

As usually in Gnome, it would be better to make it just work without a configuration option (for normal users, such an option would be meaningless).

I would be worried to use IPv6 only when it's actually not configured correctly, but is available (I believe Ubuntu does this by default). However, since DAAP is a local protocol, even if IPv6 is not configured for internet connectivity, it might still work for local connections. The biggest problem I think is actually finding out if IPv6 is correctly configured or not.

How hard is it to support both IPv4 and IPv6? If we can easily detect duplicate clients avaliable in both networks, then we could support both.

Alexandre Rosenfeld