Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] iPod song sync

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 8:31 PM, giopas <linux giopas eu> wrote:
> Hi crew,
>
> I know, I should probably look if there is already an open bug-report,
> but... here I am! :)

There are a variety of "I can't transfer things to my ipod properly"
bugs open, but I'm not sure any of them sound exactly like what you're
reporting.

> I am experiencing an annoying problem with Rhythmbox 0.13.1-something (taken
> from rhythmbox ubuntu's repository) when I want to sync my different
> playlists to my iPod: the sync takes place smoothly, but when I unplug and
> reproduce transferred music on my iPod, I can see the list (and covers) of
> all my tracks, but I can't listen anything.
>
> Maybe the error is related to a codec problem (actually when I try to sync,
> a codec error like "some file format can not be converted and transferred to
> the device" appears), but I do not know if those unsupported file formats
> are the transferred anyway and they are responsible for the error or not.

When that dialog appears, the files that can't be converted will not
be transferred to the device. I think the problem here is either at
the ipod database level, or it's something to do with how the files
are encoded. If it happens with all your tracks, it sounds more like
an ipod database problem.