Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] iPhone 4 questions

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 05:11, giopas <linux giopas eu> wrote:
Hi Adrian,

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 9:41 AM, <adrian groom accenture com> wrote:
however can you confirm if it is compatible with a iPhone 4 and whether the firmware ion the iPhone can be upgraded using RhythmBox

Rhythmbox does not provide iPhone/iPod firmware update.

In order to do this, afaik you need to use iTunes (look for example at this[1] post if you are interested to do it through a virtual machine).

I think you can now use libimobiledevice for iPhone/iPod firmware upgrades without using VmWare (which in my experience sucks, takes forever and fails most of the time). Take a look at:�http://www.libimobiledevice.org/�(search for libirecovery)

It's probably not as straightforward as in iTunes and Rhythmbox has no support for that at all. But Rhythmbox will sync your songs, even to an iOS 4 iPhone.