[Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox: Improved Last.fm Plugin - Weekly Report 0

Hi all,

Just a preliminary report to show what I've been doing so far.

Mainly up until now I've been busy with exams, and I spent my first
couple days of freedom enjoying some rare Scottish sunshine with friends
before everyone goes home for summer. Coding doesn't officially start
until tomorrow but don't worry, I have been doing some things already.

I've set up a repo for my project http://gitorious.org/rb-lastfm .
Currently it's just a clone of the main repo from a few days ago. But I
do have some uncommitted changes on my laptop.

The first part of the project is to update scrobbling to the new API.
This involves using web authentication rather than typing your password
into rhythmbox so there'll need to be some small UI changes. To perform
the authentication I'm going to create a RBAudioscrobblerSession class.
This will be able to create an "authenticated session" with an
audioscrobbler service. Then the existing scrobbler class will be
modified to use the session. Also, instead of having a single scrobbler
instance multiple sessions will be allowed, each with their own
scrobbler. Meaning you'll be able to scrobble to last.fm and libre.fm AT
THE SAME TIME. All your (or maybe just my) dreams coming true.

Sorry if that was boring and technical. Basically: not much to actually
show you so far, but I've got a clear idea of what I'm doing and
hopefully soon I'll have some pretty pictures to show you guys. If you
have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask.

Best of luck to everyone involved in the program. Here's to a successful
summer.

Jamie