Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Normalizer in Rhythmbox

On 28 March 2010 16:20, Manfred Kupper <kuppermanfred gmx de> wrote:

> Hello Developers,
>
> I use rhytmbox in gnome and prefere it to amarok in kde.
>
> But one plugin is realy missing: a normalizing one. There are, mostly my very old musiccontent, on a very low level of loudness, so when played in genre sorting there are some part hardly hearable.
>
> I know there are playersoftware that have a normalizer - can you spent rhythmbox one?
>
> Manfred Kupper
> Pattonville, DE
>
> mailto: kuppermanfred gmx de
> url: http://www.kuppermanfred.de

The replaygain plugin does what you're looking for. You should make
sure you have replaygain tags on all your music files for best
results. How you achieve that depends entirely on what format your
music is in. For MP3, use mp3gain, for FLAC, use metaflac,  for OGG
Vorbis use vorbisgain. There is also a branch of mp3gain for AAC/MP4
files called, unsurprisingly, aacgain.

--
Regards,
Derek