Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Compiling 0.13 on Arch Linux

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Ryan Peters <sloshy45 sbcglobal net> wrote:
>  On 07/21/2010 08:47 PM, Jonathan Matthew wrote:

\>> actually announce this somewhere..). I wasn't able to reproduce the
>> problem you're seeing with loading the plugin when compiled with
>> libdmapsharing 2.0. If you run rhythmbox in a terminal, it should give
>> you a bit more information on why it couldn't load the plugin.
>>
> The error I get:
> (rhythmbox:2418): Rhythmbox-WARNING **:
> /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/daap/libdaap.so: undefined symbol:
> dmap_mdns_browser_stop

This suggests your libdmapsharing was misconfigured somehow. This
symbol was not changed between 1.9.x and 2.0, but maybe there's a way
to configure it so it builds without any mdns code?  I don't know.

Check that /usr/lib/rhythmbox/plugins/daap/libdaap.so is linked with
the correct libdmapsharing shared library, and that said shared
library includes a variety of dmap_mdns_* symbols.