[Rhythmbox-devel] Ipod problem

Hi there,
I am new to this list, as I am new user of Rhythmbox also (at least, I try to use it, with no great succes for the moment). I have a Dell Inspiron 17 with Ubuntu 9.10 installed on it as only OS. I have Rhythmbox 0.12.5 installed. A few weeks ago I bought a Ipod Nano which I believe is a 5th generation.
(By the way: how can I determine which "generation" my Ipod is?).
I try to use this Ipod with Rhythmbox, and indeed I can see the music loaded on the Ipod and play it on Rhythmbox. But I can not put music on the Ipod from Rhythmbox. In my job I use a Windows XP system and I load the music then from that computer. Can someone help me by pointing out where to start to look to determine what the problem could be?
Thanks!

Freddyvi