Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Ipod problem

Hi Freddy,

2010/1/13 Freddy Van Ingelgom <freddy vaningelgom telenet be>
I have a Dell Inspiron 17 with Ubuntu 9.10 installed on it as only OS. I  have Rhythmbox 0.12.5 installed. A few weeks ago I bought a Ipod Nano which I believe is a 5th generation.
(By the way: how can I determine which "generation" my Ipod is?).

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1353 is useful for that

I try to use this Ipod with Rhythmbox, and indeed I can see the music loaded on the Ipod and play it on Rhythmbox. But I can not put music on the Ipod from Rhythmbox. In my job I use a Windows XP system and I load the music then from that computer.
Can someone help me by pointing out where to start to look to determine what the problem could be?

That's normal, these ipods (the nano with a camera) are not yet supported by libgpod (the library that rhythmbox uses to interact with ipods).

Hope that helps,

Christophe