Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] send notice to idnetica/twitter from rhtyhmbox
- From: Ryan Peters <sloshy45 sbcglobal net>
- To: aliva <ali vakilzade gmail com>, rhythmbox-devel gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] send notice to idnetica/twitter from rhtyhmbox
- Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:09:40 -0500
On 08/30/2010 04:05 PM, aliva wrote:
Oh, sorry about that. I downloaded the source archive instead of cloning
your git repository the first time, so the folder the files were in
wasn't named "rhythmbox-microblogger". Cloning from git fixed this.
Thanks for the improvements! I've uploaded the PKGBUILD to AUR here:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=40403. You did a great job on
the plugin and I'll be sure to spread the word :D!
On Sun, 2010-08-29 at 17:28 -0500, Ryan Peters wrote:
On 08/29/2010 08:55 AM, aliva wrote:
I was working on a plug-in for Rhythmbox to send notice to identi.ca
because identica and twitter have similar API it will work with
too ( i have only tested identi.ca)
this plugin adds your accounts to rhythmbox toolbar as buttons and
can send current music information to identi.ca by clicking on them
get it from here
see a sample notice here:
Wonderfully done! It works perfectly with my Identica account
(http://identi.ca/notice/47970238). I've even made an Arch Linux
of it for AUR (Arch Linux User Repository), but I have a few problems
before I submit it:
* What version should I call it?
* Should I have it pull the latest version from Git (Arch is
like that), or a stable package hosted elsewhere? If a stable
package, what should the version number be? 0.1, 1.0, 0.5...?
* The plugin description in Rhythmbox is "Something!". It would be
nice if you fixed this to say something other than...
* This part isn't a problem, but I /LOVE/ the edit-before-you-post
feature. When I used LiveTweeter for Songbird (back before it
insanely bloated and buggy and when it supported Linux), this is
something I've always wanted to do. Adding context to what I'm
listening to is a great way to not annoy people by giving you
of a reason to mindlessly post what you're listening to :P.
* In my PKGBUILD (the file makepkg on Arch reads to build the
package), I have it rename the plugin directory to
"rhythmbox-microblogger". Is this okay with you? I figured that
should keep it organized, and the plugin source/plugin window
still show you as the author.
Keep up the good work! Please respond :)!
- Ryan Peters
* I have added verison to README and rhythmbox-microblogger.py
* latest version is on git (Is it ok?)
* I forgot to change that string :D did it now.
* when i change the name of directory from rhythmbox-microblogger to
something else. it returns some errors in finding images. you did not
had any problem?
* I had added a new feature today: threading
the older one made Rhythmbox gui stop responding in the time of sending
a notice but this version doesn't
- Ryan Peters
] [Thread Prev