Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Can't update properties for .it file types

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 11:57 AM, Jacob Furchak <jfur25 sbcglobal net> wrote:

> This is an obscure problem.
> I have a large number of music files with the .it file extension that i would like to organize using rhythmbox.
> They were successfully added to the library but I cannot change the properties to anything but the default "unknown" in the properties window.

Rhythmbox only stores metadata extracted directly from the file, and
it won't allow you to make changes that it can't write back to the
file. The .IT format (and other module formats) doesn't provide full
metadata, and we don't have a way to write metadata back to .IT files.
It does suck a bit for unusual cases like this (it affects me too, for
what it's worth) but adding the ability to edit just the metadata in
the database would complicate things greatly without providing much
benefit.