Re: [Rhythmbox-devel] Rhythmbox 0.13.0 crashes when I toggle Shuffle mode

 On 08/22/2010 10:24 PM, Ryan Peters wrote:
 On 08/22/2010 02:14 PM, Kyle Baker wrote:
For the past week or two, every time I click the shuffle button,
Rhythmbox freezes for second and crashes. I'm running Ubuntu 10.10
x86_64 with apport installed and its not auto-generating a crash
report. Whats the best way to find out what is causing this?

Thanks
The "Ubuntu 10.10" or "x86_64" parts might be part of the problem. 10.10 isn't released yet, so it's still going through heavy testing and development changes. Many packages such as Rhythmbox itself or any of its many dependencies could be mis-configured or have dependency problems. Some programs, I hear, don't work very well when compiled for 64bit processors, so that could also be the case. Personally, I would wait until some packages Rhythmbox is related to are updated or when 10.10 is finally released (or trying another, more stable Linux distribution, if it isn't a hassle). Another thing you can try is running Rhythmbox from a terminal, and emailing us the output when it crashes, if any.

    - Ryan Peters